Howdy Rage! Long time no see! Good job getting featured in a Clickteam collection!
RPM - Rage's Platformer Movement Engine
A downloadable asset pack for Windows
Don't have Clickteam Fusion 2.5? Head on over to Clickteam's website!
A new general purpose FastLoop platformer movement engine designed for Clickteam Fusion 2.5! RPM includes:
- Float-based, for smoother character movement
- FastLoop-based collision detection, which can be modified even during play
- Can be Frame Dependent or Frame Independent (Frame Skipping)
- Character Linkage: Simply add you character to the Group.Player qualifier and the engine automatically applies basic animations and sets it to the mask
- Group-Based objects: Turn active objects into solid objects, jump-thru platforms, moving platform, ladder, etc.
- Slopes, including slopes that can be jumped thru the bottom
- Support for Horizontal, Vertical, Rotating, and even Physics moving platforms
- Built-in pause function
- Custom smooth scrolling Camera
- Options to toggle Jumping, Crawling, Crouch Jumping, Ceiling Slide, Jumping Down Platforms, etc
- Basic XBOX Controller support, with the option to easily add more thru the Player Input Widget (which the engine reads as input)
- Basic Metronome, which can detect beats and off-beats, and determine accuracy.
- Animation Control Widget: Enable or disable any of the basic animations (even from behaviors) to allow custom animations, or used "Forced Animation" to manually control an animation
- Only uses XBOX Gamepad and Physics extentions, which aren't really required
- Includes a super basic example starring my character, Angela!
- 800+ events, including over 200 comments.
- Basic 2-Player support
- Generate multiple "rooms" within the same frame
- Option to toggle 8-Direction Movement
- Other stuff that I can't quite think of at the moment!
This movement can be used commercially, non-commercially, or for learning purposes. The only stipulations are that the engine source cannot be shared/re-sold, nor can the Angela character be used commercially without explicit permission
This movement was designed on my free time over a period of about 2 years. I stopped using any game-making program for about 6 years before that, and got my hands on Fusion 2.5 during a Steam Sale. This was originally a project meant only for personal use, but later decided to release for others to use. I figured since I won't be getting the resources anytime soon to make an original game, I may as well.
The demonstration file contains an .EXE with 4 examples I developed to see what type of movements I create. This includes Yoshi's Island, an "Out-of-the-Box" sample, a "Greninja Gaiden" type thing (using the excellent sprites by Neweegee), and a basic Shantae example (mostly to test animation). Be sure to read the control file, there's a lot of stuff involved!
The paid version comes with the engine source .mfa and a basic level using one of my own characters. The XBOX Gamepad extension is required to open, which you can get from your extension manager.
All of the demonstrations run on the exact same code, using behaviors and widgets to make each character different.
For legal reasons, the demonstration characters are not included in the paid packaged. They're a free download to show how the engine functions! However, you do need the engine source to actually use them, as they rely on behaviors.
Be sure to experiment and potentially break the thing in half! If you run across any major bugs, please let me know! I'm sure I may have missed a few somewhere...
This was primarily designed around Windows (due to the lack of exporters at the time) so your mileage may vary with other formats.
NB-The-Dragon, Neweegee, Luke T., Kritter, DinnerSonic, darkFunction, Volnaiskra, Furriokun, Johnathan Verge, Aroka, Charmandrigo, Zevifa, and tons of others <3
-Fixed issue where the mask would jitter while standing on a jump-thru platform during Frame Skip
-Fixed issue where Fall-Thru and Screen Fade were not affected by Frame Skip
-You can now adjust the amount of floating points in the Frame Sync value from the Engine Widget behaviors
-Angle Detection options are now located in the new Angle Detection Widget
In order to download this asset pack you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $2.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
Aw snaps man how ya been?! It's been too long ;_; Good to here from ya again! Yeah I gotta say I was totally not expecting Clickteam to back RPM like that, so I guess I did something right. :P