Latest Update: 4-13-19
Don't have Clickteam Fusion 2.5? Head on over to Clickteam's website!
NOTE: RPM Plus REQUIRES the Fusion 2.5+ DLC! A version is available for standard Fusion 2.5 as well!
Visit the official topic on the Clickteam forums for support and more!
Pledge $1 to get RPM right away! (Minimum $5 pledge to get pernament access)
Check out Volnaiskra's volCAMERA for an additional camera system for RPM!
A new general purpose FastLoop platformer movement engine designed for Clickteam Fusion 2.5! RPM includes:
- Float-based, for smoother character movement
- FastLoop-based collision detection, which can be modified even during play
- Can be Frame Dependent or Frame Independent (Frame Skipping)
- Character Linkage: Simply add you character to the Group.Player qualifier and the engine automatically applies basic animations and sets it to the mask
- Group-Based objects: Turn active objects into solid objects, jump-thru platforms, moving platform, ladder, etc.
- Slopes, including slopes that can be jumped thru the bottom
- Support for Horizontal, Vertical, Rotating, and even Physics moving platforms
- Built-in pause function
- Custom smooth scrolling Camera
- Options to toggle Jumping, Crawling, Crouch Jumping, Ceiling Slide, Jumping Down Platforms, etc
- Basic XBOX Controller support, with the option to easily add more thru the Player Input Widget (which the engine reads as input)
- Basic Metronome, which can detect beats and off-beats, and determine accuracy.
- Animation Control Widget: Enable or disable any of the basic animations (even from behaviors) to allow custom animations, or used "Forced Animation" to manually control an animation
- Uses XBOX Gamepad, Physics, and Advanced Direction extensions
- Includes a super basic example starring my character, Angela!
- Basic 2-Player support
- Generate multiple "rooms" within the same frame
- Option to toggle 8-Direction Movement
- Other stuff that I can't quite think of at the moment!
This movement can be used commercially, non-commercially, or for learning purposes. The only stipulations are that the engine source cannot be shared/re-sold, nor can the Angela character be used commercially without explicit permission
The demonstration file contains an .EXE with 4 examples I developed to see what type of movements I create. This includes Yoshi's Island, an "Out-of-the-Box" sample, a "Greninja Gaiden" type thing (using the excellent sprites by Neweegee), and a basic Shantae example (mostly to test animation). Be sure to read the control file, there's a lot of stuff involved!
All of the demonstrations run on the exact same code, using behaviors and widgets to make each character different.
For legal reasons, the demonstration characters are not included in the paid packaged. They're a free download to show how the engine functions! However, you do need the engine source to actually use them, as they rely on behaviors.
This works best with the Windows exporter.
NB-The-Dragon, Neweegee, Luke T., Kritter, DinnerSonic, darkFunction, Volnaiskra, Furriokun, Johnathan Verge, Aroka, Charmandrigo, Zevifa, and tons of others <3
-Changed "Auto Side Detect" to "Automatic Detection" in the Engine Widget. This changes the detect values (Aside from SlopeDetect) in the Mask object depending on how fast its going. This is now enabled by default.
-Added a HTML5 compatible version of RPM's code into the main event editor (NOT the Global Editor!). A few things need to be modified first before trying to export, which is explained in the comments. Apparently HTML5 doesn't like certain kinds of Nested Events?
-The Player2 Mask is now a Global Object.
-Fixed an issue where the mask couldn't always fit into a tight space. The SlopeCheck detector should be a few pixels wider than the mask itself.
-The mask is no longer able to jump if it detects a top collision. This prevents collision errors if the mask tries to jump in a tight space.
Welcome to the next stage of RPM, RPM Plus! (officially v2.0) This is a new version of RPM that utilizes the enhanced features created for the new Fusion 2.5+ DLC. The original RPM is still available and will receive minor updates (as v1.9 going forward), RPM Plus is now the main focus.
-All RPM events are now global. This means you no longer have to paste RPM's code into every frame, and any updates will also apply.
-Almost every event have been re-optimizted to take advantage of Fusion 2.5+'s Child Events. This makes modifying various aspects much less time consuming and easier.
-The "Use Detectors" option in the Engine Widget now takes up signifcantly less resources.
-2-Player RPM has been updated to reflect the new changes, with very few compromises between players.
-Qualifiers have now been renamed and have new icons to make them easier to see in the Event Editor.
-DirectX 11 is now the default display option.
-The sizes and hotspots of the detectors have been adjusted.
-Added AirDashLimit, AirDashXSpeed, AirDashYSpeed, and WallSlideBuffer to the Player Attributes Widget. These were previously hard-coded values, but now can be modified here.
AirDashLimit determines how long Air Dash lasts
AirDashXSpeed/YSpeed determines how fast the mask goes in either direction
WallSlideBuffer determines how long before the mask falls off if no player input is made
-Fixed an issue where SlopeUp SlowDown could potentially slow down the mask if it traveled too fast.